Tuesday, January 22, 2013

BEAUTY: chapter 8

the truth




"Alright come on, before it gets too dark" Dustin spoke out interrupting the awkward silence. 
At this point, I really didn't feel like going anymore. Seeing Ken so upset made me a little uneasy. Was he mad at me?
"Hey? Are you okay?"
I turned around quickly escaping my daze "Oh sorry. Yes I'm ready to go"


 We both hopped in a taxi and she drove off without Dustin stating his destination.
I frowned "Where are we going?"
"You will see" He smiled
I looked out the window at the scenery passing us by. I have never drove in a taxi before. Makes me want to drive my own vehicle that much more one day. I sighed as my fantasy played over and over again.

 The taxi dropped us off near a trail leading us into what seemed like nowhere.
"Come on, I'll race you!" Dustin took off running with me struggling to catch up with him.
"Your going to give me a heart attack!" I huffed
"Were almost there, come on"

 Finally some scenery was coming into view.
"this is it!" Dustin yelled in excitement.
I do have to say that it looked absolutely beautiful over here.
I breathed in the fresh waters scent that surounded the place. Everything was so quiet and peaceful.
I made an abrupt stop, bending over, trying to catch my breath. I was surprised at what I saw when I looked back up.
There were horses standing not too far from us. Three magnificent creatures roaming peacefully, having nothing but survival occuping their minds.
"I knew you would be taken by them" Dustin came up to me and smiled.
"I've seen one of these before..."
Dustin laughed "I'm sure everyone and their mom has"
I blushed  in embarrassment "They are beautiful..."
"Your a true beauty yourself miss" Dustin winked. 
I shrugged in defense.

 "You are beautiful Kiara. You need to start believing in that" Dustin was stern.
I looked away from him, avoiding a responce back. My eyes fixed back upon the three beast grazing in the grass.
"Go up to them"
I looked at him with a frown "What?"
"If they can build confidence to trust you, than you can build confidence to believe in yourself. Go"
My frown continued to crease my forward. He was serious?
He crossed his arms "We're not leaving until you at least try"

 I looked over, interested in the one standing all by itself. I took a deep breath trying to get rid of my nervousness. Here goes nothing, I whispered to myself. I slowly made why way into the unknown.

 The wild horse looked at me from behind the tree. My heart skipped a beat once it started making its way towards me. What should I do? Should I run, scream for help, hide ? A million frantic thoughts ran through my mind like bullets, but all I could do was just stand there. Stiff as a stick.


The horse turned right back around.
Did I do something wrong? I sighed in disappointment.
"As long as you believe, it will believe in you"
I turned around in reponce to Dustin's spoken words. I smiled in agreement, looking back at the horse, just watching.


 The horse was beautiful and I was determined to make a new friend.


"I'm ganna go cook us some hot dogs on the grill over there. Come over when you're ready"
I nodded, continuing my gaze towards the shy creature.


 I was surprised to see how fast he or she ran to catch up with the other two. The three of them together looked like the perfect picture. They were so calm and fearful and I envyed that so much. I took one last look, than made my way to the eating area as my stomach growled for attention.

 "They are almost done" Dustin flipped the hot dogs one last time.
"Smells great. Usually I'm the one cooking all the time"
"We'll not tonight sweetie"

 "Although, the only thing I cook on is the grill. Don't expect to see me in a kitchen" He laughed.
I shrugged "That's better than nothing" I smiled, making my way over to grab a plate


"So... you and Kenneth know each other?" I couldn't help but think about the encounter earlier today.
Dustin closed his eyes in a sigh as he chomped down on his food "I did pretty good cooking these huh? Mmmm..."
I looked down at my plate in a gloomy daze.
"Alright. We used to be best buds when he first moved down here from Australia"
I looked at him, happy to see him opening up.
"It all went sour once Monica came into the picture"
I cringed at the name. Why am I not surprised?


 "She was the love of both of our lives. I should of known it was going to tear us apart" He gulped. "She finally chose who she wanted obviously and I'll admit that I was upset. So I moved out. A couple of days later he began accusing me of harrassment towards her and making threats. I never did such a thing, but I knew Monica was and she obviously wanted me out of the picture... forever"
I stared at him, taking the story in with much amusement.
"So... I went over to their place to straighten everything out, in hopes to get my best bud back. That night ruined any hopes of any improvement" He took another bite of his hot dog. I followed his action, yearning for more information.

 "She was the one who answered the door and pulled me in. I was a little taken back by her aggresiveness because she pulled me towards her against the living room wall and started kissing me. I'll admit I started kissing her back and I still regret that till this day" Dustin shook his head in disappointment "Kenneth barged in from a long day at work. He saw us both in each others arms, but something unthinkable happened" Dustin paused, looking off into the distance as if he was replaying the whole scene in his head "She yelled that I was trying to rape her. I defended myself of course, but that didn't stop Ken from calling the cops. I was locked up for awhile. It's been two years now sense I've been out and I'm not planning on ever going back"

 "Kenneth wouldn't do such a thing. He's a great guy--"
"All great guys make mistakes. Nobody's perfect Kiara. That's life though, I'm just happy to be a free man. I just hope I never come face to face with Monica again"
I began to finish my dinner with thoughts of our conversation filling my brain. I was in much disbelief. To think it was all over a girl...

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm ex friends make great enemies it seems. It looks like their friendship end because of a girl and I doubt it will improve as Kiara is between both of them now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt it will improve either,
      but theres a reason why Dustin
      presented himself to Kiara (;
      So we'll see what happensssss

      Delete