Thursday, November 8, 2012

BEAUTY: chapter 6

betrayal 



 A couple of days have gone by and I have been working out hard core. Ever since I met Dustin at the park last week, he is all I have been thinking about. I haven’t spoken to Kenneth about him yet, but what could I say if I did?

 Once I reached the house after a good morning run, I noticed Kenneth standing there waiting for me.
“What’s gotten you so motivated lately? Just a couple weeks ago you were complaining that I was pushing you too hard” Kenneth looked at me in concern.
I shrugged “I just want to look my best”
“Look your best for what?”
I gulped, forgetting he didn’t know “I am going out tomorrow” I smiled.

 “Go out? What do you mean go out?” He frowned.
“When you come over for your regular schedule for me, I am going to go out with somebody—“
“Who?” He cut me off, letting his curiosity get the best of him.
“His name is Dustin”
There was silence. The vibe was a little awkward and I couldn’t tell if I said something wrong or not.
“… I’ll go with you” Kenneth concluded.

 “I don’t need you to come with me you know…”
“I was hired to watch you in the first place and so that excuse will be played out tomorrow. I’m going with you whether you like it or not”
I sighed. As much as I liked Kenneth, for once I didn’t want him following me around everywhere. As I am becoming to be my own person with him around, sometimes I want to be that person without him. Is that rude?

 “We’ll since you got your daily run in, lets finish with a good strength workout”
Before I could respond Kenneth was already heading to the weight system set up.
“But I already ran. Can’t I skip the treadmill for today?”
“I thought you were motivated” Kenneth replied and without any further do, I was stuck working out with him.

 We exercised for a good two hours before we were both burnt out. We barely spoke though, as I could tell something had been on Kenneth’s mind for a while now. I held my tongue in asking as I thought if he wanted to talk about it, he would. I do miss the old him though, and the good conversations we had. Now it almost feels like I am on my own again, with an invisible person watching me…

 I couldn’t help but feel excited for tomorrows encounter. I am just happy to know that I will be getting a goodnights sleep because of it.

 It seemed as morning came as fast as I fell asleep. I woke up bright and early excited for a day for once. I rummaged inside my dresser, finding the only cutest outfit I had. I sighed, realizing what little I have always had.

 I made my way downstairs. Once I made the last step I noticed Clifton sitting on the couch with a familiar face.


Is that… Monica?! My heart dropped in shock and the first thing that came to my head was Kenneth.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm Kenneth is being a little protective there!

    You know I would not be surprised to find Monica and Clifton locking lips like that on the couch heh...

    Enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahha I wouldnt of been surprised either!
      ahah thank youuu!
      I'm still behind your your AOS story ;/
      but imma catch up one day!
      i dont even have a day off anymore
      can ya believe that?! ahah

      Delete