Sunday, April 15, 2012

Young&Prego EP.1

The Beckle Family




My whole life I had been considered lucky. Lucky to have two parents still going strong, lucky to not have to get a job while my parents pay for everything I need, lucky to have been provided with everything I need and want… and lucky to be the only teen on the block with her own horse. Yes I will admit, I take pride in that a lot. I mean come on, who wouldn’t? I love my life and I am not afraid to enjoy it… no matter where life takes me. Well… it takes me where I want it to go of course!

“Gracey, your such a good girl. What would I do without you!” My mom surprised me with Gracey on my sixteenth birthday and boy was I happy! It didn’t take us very long to get used to each other and I am going to have to say that she is by far the best friend I had ever had. Even though my biggest dream is to sing and dance, I also really want us to enter the town’s jumping competitions. I have just started training her, but I know if we stay consistent, we could go far.

I sighed once I saw my brother walking over. What does the lil’ squirt want now?
“Hey Violet, Parker said he is on his way over. In case you cared or not. Probably not” Vincent’s tone made me annoyed.
“Whatever Squirt. I already knew” I began to unsaddle Gracey. I’m sure she will be ecstatic for the long over-due break.
Once my feet we’re on solid ground, I noticed Vincent was still there, just smiling up at me.
“Go away!” I gave him a shove.

The shoving is really getting old” He gave me an evil glare
“You’re getting old!” I spat
“ooouuu great come-back” He scoffed “So I was in your room” A sly smirk soon presented itself.
I could feel my face start to steam up as the image of Vince rummaging through my things made me furious.
“And… I found something. Something you forgot to hide”
My heart made a quick stop than rapidly came live. My mind raced as I tried to figure out what he was talking about. My eyes followed his hand as he reached inside his back pocket.
He pulled out a pregnancy test.
Without hesitating a quickly snatched it and shoved it as deep as I could inside my back pocket.

I closed my eyes in disbelief “Why would you go in my room” I tried to control my harsh tone.
“Your phone was ringing and I noticed you weren’t in there, so I checked and it was Parker saying he was on his way. Little did I know I felt myself slightly kick something on the floor—“
“Please don’t tell mom and dad! Not yet… I will tell them when I’m ready” I felt like I was going to be sick. How could I be so stupid to not have thrown it away.
Vincent just stared at me and I knew he could tell how much It would hurt me.

“Hey guys, why the long faces?” I jumped, startled to see Parker.
“Oh just annoying my sister like usual. Whats up Parker” Vincent and Parker did their little hand shake thing that they made up a week ago.
“Nothing much little dude. Just thought I’d come chill with ya’ll for the day” Parker looked up at me with a sweet smile but it soon went back down “Violet, are you okay?”
I regained my composer and brought up an innocent smile “Yeah! You just scared me that’s all. Let’s head inside though, it’s kind of hot today” I started making my way towards the front door without looking back.

I caught my mom almost biffing it on the treadmill once we entered the living room.
I laughed “Careful don’t die”.
“I’d like to see you get up here” She huffed.
“Hi Mr. and Mrs. Beckle” Parker politely entered.
“Whats up champ! You should work out with me some time boy” Dad proceeded with his reps.
“No doubt Mr. Beckle”
“I’ma beast though. Better watch out!” Dad punched the air in front of him in a playful manor.
Mom cut in “Watch out for what? Sure as heck ain’t you babe”

Dad frowned “Hater”
I grabbed Parker’s hand and led him up stairs leaving my parents conversing alone.


Once we were at the top of the stairs, Parker released my grip and forced me into a hug.

“I know something is on your mind. You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to but just know that I will always be here to help you whenever you need me”
Butterflies swarmed in my stomach. It felt so good to be wrapped inside his arms once again. I longed for this moment and I just wanted the world to freeze. 
“Babe, are you hearing me?” Parker ruined the silence.
He let our hug fall as he stared into my eyes.
“Yes, I am. I’m just not myself lately”
“Clearly” He replied.


My mind quickly flashed back to that one night…
If I would have just said no… why didn’t I be responsible? I’m much smarter than this.
Now my life could change forever… and this time it’s not the way I wanted life to go.

I was awakened by my daze as I felt my body being pushed against the wall. My lips were soon filled with his. I wanted to follow and kiss back, but I made myself pull away.
“See, something is wrong. What is it?”
I just stared blankly into the air moving around us. I slid against the wall until I hit the floor.

Parker sat down in front of me, his eyes searching mine for answers.
“I’m pregnant…” I spat out without warning.
Parker started choking, letting out coughs of shock “Excuse me?” He cleared his throat.
I just looked at him in pity, in shock that I actually said it myself.
“Violet… That isn’t funny—“
“I’m not laughing” My stomach felt weak.
He shook his head in disbelief “Are you sure? You took a test and everything?”
I shook my head in agreement.

“You’re pregnant?!”
Both Parker and I looked up in terror.
I quickly got up in defense “Mom calm dow—“
“Don’t you tell me to calm down! And you…” Mom pointed a finger at parker pushing him against the wall “You did this to my daughter?!”
Parker stood there frozen, never thinking he would get on my parents bad side.“You sound so sexy when you’re mad!” Father yelled from downstairs. 
“Paul shut up! Get up here now!” Mother didn’t take her eyes off of us.
I could feel my life melting away slowly.

“Ya’ll having a party up here?!” Dad smiled “Alright!”  
Mom stressfully rubbed her neck “Violet is pregnant Paul”.
“What? No… Our Violet is smart. She wouldn’t do that” Dad laughed.
“Why would I make this up”
Dad’s smile slowly lowered “Oh. Your serious” He looked at Parker and I than made his attention back at his livid wife “You seem to have the situation under control. Keep doing what you’re doing” He gave mom a pat and made his way back downstairs.
“Paul!” Mother yelled.
“Paul is not here right now. Please leave a message after the BEEP!”
She sighed “Sometimes I wonder why I married him” She shook her head than turned her body towards us.

I suddenly felt dizzy and caught myself off balance. A headache hit at the same time “Ah! Headache!” I put my hand to the side of my head in pain.
“There’s a pain reliever pill in the drawer downstairs that you can get later. As for you Parker, I believe it’s time for you to head home” Mom’s tone was surprisingly calm.
Parker nodded and quickly headed downstairs.
I opened my eyes and struggled to see through my foggy vision.
My legs gave out and I fainted hitting my head hard on the wood floor.

I woke up finding myself on mom and dad’s bed.
“How long have I been out?” I rubbed my head and flinched in pain once I found out where the floor met it. I looked outside the window. It was still bright outside.
I forced myself off the bed and onto my two feet. Immediately the dizziness came back and I hit the floor. I crawled helplessly to the couch only managing to rest my head upon it.
Did I really just faint? I laughed at myself softly.

3 months and 2 weeks…

I closed my eyes softly as I noticed Vincent standing before me.
“Can you please go away”
“I’m not here to bother you sis. I know I can be a real pain in the neck, but what are brothers for?” Vincent made a smirk. I just sighed in exhaustion.
Vincent sat in the chair across from me “Look, I love you Violet and I realize how much this is taking a toll on you. I just want to be here for you and the baby. After all, he Is my nephew”
I weary eyes looked into his “Why do you think it’s a boy?”
He shrugged “I really don’t want to deal with another girl around here. Ya’ll are just too much!” Vince winked.
“We’ll I don’t know if I want to know the gender” I laughed.
“What… why?”

“I’ll tell you later. Parker gets off of work in a couple hours and he said he was coming over. He needs to know too. The whole family does” I regained my focus upon my homework.
“Are you okay?”
I looked up at Vince and it surprised me how sincere he was being.
“Yeah… I’m just fine”

“Hey you two, dinner is done” Mom walked to the table with a bowl of mac and cheese. I got up from my chair immediately, still surprised to see myself so hungry all the time.
“Hey fam bam! I smell something brewin’ in the kitchen!” Dad looked way too energized from a full day of work.  
“Welcome home honey” Mom smiled sweetly. Dad walked over and gave her a kiss, than headed straight to the kitchen.
“You two make me sick” Vince stuck his tongue out in disgust.

Once we were all comfortable at the table and busy conversing about our days, I couldn’t help but think how much my life has changed already. I feel like I can’t do anything I want to anymore. My dancing had slowed down because I’m always tired, I was scheduled for a singing lesson 2 months ago but I had to cancel because I was throwing up all day, I have always been the big talk of the school but this time I’m not proud of it, and to top it all off I can’t ride my horse because the doctor said it would put the pregnancy at risk. I rolled my eyes almost forgetting I had people around.

I walked sleepily to discard my dish inside the dish washer and Boom! That’s when it happened. I felt like my whole stomach turned and quite frankly… I was fascinated about it.
“Wow…” I rubbed my belly with a million thoughts flowing through my head.
“Are you going to keep it or not?”

I jumped slightly, shocked to see Parker standing before me.
“I…” I didn’t know what to say.
I heard Parker sigh in annoyance “Violet I need to know. It’s my baby too you know”
I looked back down at my stomach in silence.
“You already know I want to keep it. Violet… please let me raise my kid” Parker was dedicated to his decision.
“I can’t keep it Parker” The words left my mouth without warning.
He exploded in emotion “Dam** Violet!”
“Excuse me?” My eyes met his, not knowing the person standing in front of me.

“You have no reason to give it up! None!” Anger hit his face like lightening.
“I have plans you know! I have dreams that I want to fulfill and I cannot do that with a baby!” I became agitated.
“So, you’re just going to give it up just like that?! Because your too selfish to spend your life with your child just because he or she might get in the way!”
“Selfish?” A frown creased my forehead.
He cleared his throat “Vi… My mom is all I got. I wish I knew my dad. I don’t want my baby to not know theirs. It will literally kill me inside”
I just shrugged, too stern to give in.
“I can’t believe you…” He shook his head in disappointment. He started walking towards the front door.
“Where are you going?!” I didn’t want him to leave.
I caught his evil eye as he turned around and made his way back.

“It’s over violet. I can’t do this”
My heart dropped “Are you… breaking up with me?”
“You can’t always be lucky Vi. That’s just not how the world works. It doesn’t revolve around you”
I felt a storm preparing in my eyes.
“Have a nice life living your dreams. I’m not interested to be around to witness it. Tell your parents I said hello”
A lump clogged my throat once Parker exited the house.
I can’t believe he just left… forever?

“He is right you know”
I turned around only to see my father peaking in on me.
I frowned in confusion.
“I actually like that kid… ah well, there’s plenty of fish in the sea!”
“Dad… please. I’m not in the mood to deal with your personality” My voice began to crack.
For the first time, he actually looked a little sad “I’m sorry sweetie, but why wouldn’t you want to keep something so special?”
“I have a life I want to live! Doesn’t anyone understand that!?” I yelled out in defense.

“It’s not the baby’s fault that it came into this world. You had the choice over it Violet” Mom heard me yell and decided to intervene.
I shrugged unhappily.
“I know I haven’t been very happy about the situation but truth is, that sweet angel is coming, and I will help you out as much as I can. It is yours though and you’re going to have to give up most of your time to the little blessing” Mom smirked.
A single tear rolled down my cheek as this was all sinking in “I already made up my mind mom”
“Sweetie—“
Mom interrupted dad “Do as you wish, adoption is a wonderful idea but make sure you’re doing it for the baby and not for you”.
She gave me a kiss on my forehead and dragged dad out of the room with her

Crap…

7 months and 4 weeks

“Wala!” Mom sounded proud.
I frowned “This was the surprise you called me about at school today? Mom, why can’t you accept the fact that I’m trying to find a family who will take care of it?”
Mom’s smile stuck to her face “I know, but it’s my first grandchild and I wanted to do something special for the little tyke. You see, I took the computer desk downstairs and baby proofed the whole darn thing!”
I shook my head in agitation.
“it gets better! Your brother agreed to move his room down to the basement so that I could make his room the baby’s room” Mom grabbed my arm and pulled me inside his once upon a time room.

“I didn’t want to go too crazy with it since… you know… you’re not going to keep it. I just wanted to be a part of this moment, that’s all”
I looked up at mom, and then back to the room “It looks real nice mom. I’m sure he or she would have loved it”
Mom sniffed “I’ll move everything back when the baby finds a home, okay? For now, if he doesn’t find a home before he is born he has a place to call home until than”
A tear rolled down her face and I couldn’t help but feel bad. She whipped it quickly “Okay, I’m going to go make dinner now”
She left the room leaving me in here alone. I exhaled in and out very slowly.

“Ouch! Stupid false contractions!” I held my belly hoping the pain would end quickly.
I can’t take this anymore!


8 months and 3 weeks

As I danced to the music I couldn’t help but feel how good it felt to do something I once loved to do.
A grin stretched across my face. I couldn’t help but laugh of how silly I looked dancing with a big belly.

“Vi!”
I was so startled I swear I jumped like fifty feet in the air.
I put my hand over my chest “Jeez Georgie, you scared me!”
“Sorry! Your mom saw me walking up and greeted me. She seems happy today!”
Georgie had been my best friend all through high school. We met freshman year in dance class and have been hitched ever since then.
“Yeah, I don’t know what’s wrong with her”
Her eyes turned to my swollen belly “I am so excited for you! Why can’t you just keep it?! You know that Parker is heartbroken… he has been avoiding me too”
“I miss him so much Georgie… I cry myself to sleep a lot and I just wish he would understand me…”
She looked at me with sympathy “He never will you know? It is his kid too and I’m sure it sucks that he can’t be a father to his own baby”
“Thanks for being supportive” I crossed my arms.

“So your adopted parents are coming over tomorrow?” Georgie bent down and softly rubbed my stomach. She always found a way to change the subject.
I nodded “Around 5pm. I’m kind of nervous”
“Why? It’s the parents that should be more nervous than you. After all they have to make a good impression. Wait… didn’t you already meet with two other families?”
“yeah.. They weren’t the right ones”
Georgie crossed her arms “mhmm”
“What?”
“Nothing. I’m spending the night okay? Your mom already said I could” She smiled.

Towards the end of the night, we all decided to have a little family dancing party. It was great, everybody looked so happy and for the first time in the last couple of months, I was happy.
I wish this night would of lasted forever, but of course everything has an ending.

As we got ready for bed, sharp pains started hitting me hard.
“You okay?” Georgie looked a little worried.
“Yeah just these stupid pains get worse and worse everyday” I closed my eyes focusing on my breathing.
Georgie helped me in bed, then got inside her sleeping bag on the floor.

“Goodnight Violet. Hope you and your baby get good sleep”
“Night” I took a deep breath then relaxed. All I can think about is the adoptive family coming over tomorrow evening. I don’t know why I have been so picky but I just want the right family for my baby. Will this family be it?
It didn’t take long before my thoughts drifted me to sleep.

The next morning my water had broken. Nobody was home except for my mom and she immediately rushed me to the hospital. My mom called my dad from work and he was on his way. I tried calling Parker, seeing if he wanted to be here for this moment, but just as I suspected there was no answer. The whole process was horrible and so painful. I was happy to have both of my parents there, but it didn’t make it any easier for me. After a couple of hours, the doctor said it was time for me to push.
I was scared to death…

I was discharged a couple days later only to find out that the adoptive couple canceled on me. It appears the adopted a baby two days ago, apparently they couldn’t wait for mine. I only glanced eyes upon my baby once when he was born, but I told the doctors to take it away from me as soon as it was out. Since then I chose not to have any connection with it as I am still persistent on finding a couple. My parents have been caring for the baby since then.

I made my way out of my room, but soon heard a soft cooing sound coming from inside the baby room.
Where are my parents? I thought my mom said she put the baby to sleep?
I didn’t want to, but something was telling me to open the door.
I closed my eyes tightly than opened them again.
I slowly reached for the well-polished door knob.
I slowly opened the door…

I felt like I was imagining him there, like it was all a dream I’ve always wished would come true.
Parker gave his son a kiss and started rocking him back and forth.
“Parker?”
Parker turned around quickly, caught off guard that he wasn’t the only one in the room.
“I’m sorry, your mom said I could come see him before he has a home” He looked back down at him, continuing the rocking motion.
I couldn’t help but smile. They looked so cute together. I felt as if I was looking upon both of them for the first time and the little guy was actually kind of… cute.
“Did you name him?”
I shook my head “I barely even saw him till’ now”
Parker slowly put the baby back in his crib “I think it’s time for me to leave before I get all emotional” He made a slight laugh.

“Wait!” I held up my hands motioning him to stay.
He sighed “Violet, please just leave me alone”.
I ignored his words and swiftly walked towards the crib.
I peered over to see two gleaming eyes look into mine.
I put my arms around him for the first time and lifted him from his spot.

He wiggled slightly as I lifted him to my face.
“It won’t be so bad if I keep him right?” I smiled brightly as I realized my new decision.
“What? Are you saying… are you keeping him?” Parker’s tone sounded bright but hesitant as to whay I really meant.
“Paisley… that’s what I want to name you. Paisley Beckle” I slowly lifted Paisley back into his crib as his eyes were becoming sleepy.
I flinched as I felt Parker grab me.

He engulfed my lips into his. His kiss was deep and passionate full of sparks and excitement and I couldn’t help but kiss back. Being in his arms once again felt like a dream that I never wanted to wake up from.

Thank you, thank you so much” Parker dug deep into my gaze with much emotion.
I was speechless, surprised to see everything happen so quickly.  







































































2 comments:

  1. Oooh! Just finished this! I have to say this first episode sure was a ride! I mean it could have been a short story by itself and worked out just fine. It was nice to see Violent go from being set on giving the baby away to looking and it's eyes and deciding to keep him. Either way I'd like to see where this story goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AEON!!
    haha yes i tried something
    different
    i posted this on the sims 3 website
    but i think my stories are too
    much for EA to handle -__-
    ahhh!! i need to finish my other story though
    haha u ever go BLANK on what
    to do for a next chapter?! well
    for some reason im having a hard time!!

    ReplyDelete