Wednesday, June 20, 2012

BEAUTY chapter 2

believe






I stepped inside Kenneth’s house almost feeling a sense of guilt, but some of the feelings vanished as his cabin felt warm and welcoming. I took a deep inhale and couldn’t help how relaxed I felt.
“Come on, we start right away” Kenneth kept his pace.
“Start what?” I questioned, following him as he wouldn’t give up a response. 
 My eyes came across a work out spot as we climbed upstairs.
“Go change into the workout clothes I told you to bring, I will wait”
I sighed heavily. Oh what a day this was going to be. 

I stepped onto the treadmill quickly, almost losing my balance.
Woa there sport, let’s take it one step at a time” Kenneth let out a deep laugh. His strong accent continued to amaze me.
Before I lost my complete balance, I quickly held onto the bars “Can you lower the speed by chance?”
Kenneth shook his head with a smile “It is at lowest speed dear”
I could feel my cheeks reddening up in embarrassment “Oh” 
 Ten minutes felt like an hour and I was ready to call it quits.
“Come on Kiara, five more minutes left—“
“Five minutes?!” I yelled out in exhaustion.
He nodded “15 minutes. We need to get you up to 30 minutes day, so 15 minutes for now”
“I can’t do this” I could feel my heart pounding vigorously and sweat consistently draining out of my body.
“Yes you can, think of your success, not your legs”
Kenneth made this all sound so easy, when really it wasn’t. 

I slipped and fell as the dizziness over took me.
I rolled off of the moving device, panting “I am done. I don’t know what I was thinking. I will never be able to do this. I’m damaged too badly” A single tear rolled down my eye.
“Kiara, you can be the person you always dreamed of being if you only believe in yourself”
“Easy for you to say”
Kenneth frowned down at me “Get up. It’s time for me to show you something”
He helped me up without waiting for reply. I had no choice but to follow him.

An unfamiliar woman was waiting for us at the bottom of the steps.
“Hello darling, who might this be?” The woman’s eyes wouldn’t leave mine.
“Hi I’m Kiara” I gave a slight pathetic wave.
Kenneth could feel the tension “This is the girl I was saying I was going to help”
The woman shifted her attention on her boyfriend “Oh right, because something deep down inside told you to right?” the woman gave a foul look and left the room.
Her sarcastic voice made me feel uncomfortable “Should I leave?”
“No, come” He pulled me with him acting like nothing just happened. 
 In his backyard there was a four-legged creature I had never seen up close before “Wow… is that yours?” I pointed in amazement.
Kenneth nodded “I want you to meet her”
I looked at Kenneth speechlessly, feeling a bit of nervousness.
“Come, let’s walk slowly up to her so she is not frightened by you”

“What do I do now?” I felt a little frightened by this large animal.
Kenneth chuckled in amusement “Don’t be frightened. Trust me, she is more scared of you”
I looked at the horse’s elegant face and put on a shy smile. I slowly lifted up my hand…

The horse moved her head away quickly making me jump a little.
“Her name is Beauty. Talk to her”
I gulped, Telling myself everything will be alright “What do I say?”
“What does your heart tell you?”
I looked at Kenneth in confusion, than put my attention back on the horse.
“Hi… my name is Kiara…” I looked back over at Kenneth.
“Keep going” His Australian accent came in a whisper.
“You are a pretty girl Beauty” I smiled up at her as she just stared back at me “I would love to be friends”.

I felt a gust of wind brush across the palm of my hand. My grin stretched even more as I felt her acceptance towards me.
“She used to be an all-time winning race horse a couple years back, Until one race she fell and broke her leg. The owner was going to put her down and I just couldn’t let that happen. She was young and full of life and something wouldn’t let me pass her by”
Kenneth was saddened by the topic, I could tell.
“So, I bought her from them and cured her myself. It’s been about a year off the injury and she’s just now starting to show some personality. Even though life gave her struggles she’s still holding onto it, and that’s what you need to understand Kiara”
My heart jumped, not expecting him to bring me into this. 

“You are a beautiful young woman and it’s time for you to grab life by your own hands. To believe that you can change it around and make your own happiness” Kenneth looked at me with a caring gaze.
I felt like crying but held it all back “How? Maybe my life is meant to be with Clifton. That’s all I know”
He smiled sweetly “You will soon learn different”
I shook my head not knowing how to believe that.

“Promise me you will believe in yourself?” Kenneth looked at me with motivation.
A slight smile appeared on my face “okay”
He held my hand in assurance that I could do this… that we could do this… together.

7 comments:

  1. I was glad to see an update! Kenneth is helping her out and pushing her! Seems like a friendly fellow...and I notice the name of the Horse is 'Beauty' which is the name of this story...so I wonder if the horse is going to play a big role here! Good job!

    Oh and there is a forum where some other Sims Writers gather to share their stories! Just thought you should know, the link is right here...

    http://rebelwritersnirvana.proboards.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. aha yes the horse should be a key character (=
    i always write my stories on the spot,
    i never go days proof reading and all that.
    i just write whatever comes to mind on the spot XD
    so i can never tell anybody what might happen next

    ohh nice!! i will check it out
    i actually have this story in simswritersblock (=
    are you on that website?! the link you showed me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh yeah, I know some that do that! I think it's fine either way, it's the end result that matters when it comes to these stories!

    No that site you just mentioned is new to me. I would join but reading the rules I think I could only post my Superhero story there and not my other two.

    I am on the site you just linked, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes the endings are always what counts ;D

    oh my gosh... there are rules?! XD
    ahah i never read rules for some reason..
    why wouldnt you be able to post your other
    stories on there??

    ReplyDelete
  5. My superhero story is PG pretty much. Not much blood, sometimes silly, etc etc.

    My other two stories are not. Bloody Fates can be pretty bloody. Nudity is shown on occasion...ahh you know Vampire stuff!

    The other is a fantasy story set in older times. There has been a little nudity there...it really isn't so bad yet but as the story grows I do plan for it be a lot more bloody as conflicts pop up.

    I can't just link to my superhero story because one of the rules say not to link to sites with mature content and it's on my blog which does have mature content.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i totally see where your coming from.
    you should link me to your stories,
    so i can check it out myself (=
    or where you posted on that website you linked me

    I LOVE VAMPIRE STUFF!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well...you asked for it so I will link you to my stories!

    My Vampire story has been going on for a while though, it'd be A LOT to catch up on...you'd have to start here http://aeoniscythe.blogspot.com/p/dire-fates_7604.html

    The next Story is a super hero story. It's not that far along and some of the issues/chapters are short http://aeoniscythe.blogspot.com/p/larry-stunning.html

    The third is my lastest story and the one that gets the most views on my blog now. It's a fantasy type of thing set in a medieval setting with Kings, Queens, etc etc. That one is 8 chapters in and is located here http://aeoniscythe.blogspot.com/p/aos.html

    ReplyDelete