Thursday, May 31, 2012

CHAPTER 1

trust?






As the morning light gleamed through my window, I found myself laying on my back staring at the ceiling. Every morning I feel so numb waking up and I always wonder if this is what death feels like.
I gathered my strength and pulled myself up out from under the covers. A yawn escaped as I stretched out my tense muscles. I looked around my room blankly. Another useless day. 

I started up the shower hoping to wash away every last part of Clifton’s scent that still latched to me. I shook my head, quickly pushing away last night’s memories.
“Are showers the only thing that will feel good to me…” I whispered to myself as I scrubbed my body with tropical soap. I just stood there as the showers rays massaged my back. I could stay like this forever.
I heard the bathroom door creak open “Kiara, get out and come down stairs”. Before I could answer, the door shut close. I sighed deeply as my hand turned the nozzle off causing the massage to an end. 

I made my way downstairs only to find these sweet cool blue eyes looking into mine. Why is he here? My mind raced with thoughts, not knowing what Clifton could possibly be up to.

“Kiara, this is Kenneth. Since I will be starting work, I have hired him to keep with house work and to make sure you behave” Clifton gave me a sly smirk.
“It’s very nice to meet you Kiara!” A small, but noticeable accent exited Kenneth’s mouth. It had caught my attention as the melody was soft and welcoming, but I knew that my perception was wrong. No men in this world were good.
“Nice to meet you” Was all I had the desire to say. 

Clifton started the tour around the house, introducing him to his new work place.
“I am never going to get a break” I mumbled under my breath, annoyed that I had to have a babysitter. What 21 year old needs to be babysat? Me… obviously. 

I went to sit out front to get some fresh air since it’s the farthest I could go without any unnecessary punishment. I looked up at a small run down car as it passed by and smiled. I thought of myself driving that green car and how happy I would be. I would be Happy to have a life of my own, even if Clifton already took away part of it. My smile turned upside down as reality made its way back in.
“One day…” 

“Are you okay?”
I was slightly startled to look up and find Kenneth standing there. I nodded, hoping he would leave.
“You look like you’re not happy” Kenneth continued to dig in.
I sighed “I’m not” I got up slowly, wiping away the dirt that stuck to my bottom.
“He doesn’t ever let you out, does he?”
I looked up at him and just stared, not knowing if I should say anything and keep it safe. 

“I can help you. Only if you let me” He looked determined and I wanted to believe it.
“What can you help me with?” I questioned curiously.
“Your happiness” His accent made me smile, confirming the agreement to his offer “So how do you feel?”
“Like a piece of trash” I looked towards the mushy grass, ashamed of whom I was “I’m over weight, I’m stuck in this house for eternity, my parents are dead…” I stopped, just realizing I’m spilling my feelings to a complete stranger. “I don’t even know you. All guys want the same thing”
“What is that?”
I looked at him annoyingly “Hooking up”

He immediately put his hands up in defense “Woa! No! I am not that kind of guy. Plus I have a girlfriend, if that makes you trust me more”
“Trust?” I have never trusted anybody in my life, let alone myself. I’m not even sure I know what that word means.
“ I saw you at the park yesterday. You were crying and something told me that you needed help. So I approached Clifton early this morning explaining that I am in need of work and a great house keeper. He bought it all and I am willing to help if you allow me”
“Won’t your girlfriend be mad that you’re not home when she wants you to be?” I said sarcastically.
“I told her I found a job. She understands”
I shook my head in disbelief.
“Why are you helping me?” I frowned. 

“I will show you tomorrow” With that said he started walking away.
My frown stuck to me in confusion.
Who the heck is this dude?

2 comments:

  1. Coolo chappie! I like Kenneth! Just a small drawback: the font is a bit hard on the eyes:)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so sorry!
      ahah i might try changing the font than,
      since your the first person to mention something like that
      ahah
      *im sorry i didnt see this comment sooner!
      im slackin XD

      Delete