Friday, August 10, 2012

BEAUTY Chapter 3

Jealous 




A week has gone by and I still feel like I haven’t made much progress. I am beginning to doubt that it will ever make a difference. Although, it has only been a week and I know I shouldn’t be expecting a miracle so soon. 



Kenneth agreed that he would work out with me to help me stay focused and stride towards my goal. I am not going to lie, I don’t mind striking a glance over his perfectly sculptured body ever now and again. How could someone be so perfect? I shook my head quickly before I drooled all over myself. 

Once again, I lose my footing.
Kenneth chuckled “Alright, I think I’ve tortured you enough today. Let’s get you home”
I slowly made my way off the moving device panting heavily.
Kenneth stood up whipping the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand “Doesn’t it feel good?”
All I could do was nod. I just knew If I spoke I would pass out almost instantly.

 We walked most of the way without speaking. Partly because I needed much time to get my breathing back under control.
“Welcome home” Kenneth’s small smirk stuck to his face.
“Huh?” I looked forward, surprised to see that my place was only a couple feet away.
Kenneth’s smirk disappeared quickly.
“What’s wrong?” I looked around frantically hoping to find the culprit.
He signed “Looks like I am going to have some explaining to do”
I looked at him in confusion, following him inside the small house.

 My heart jumped when my eyes met Clifton’s.
“I was wondering where ya’ll might be…” Clifton looked at Kenneth with curiosity.
“My apologizes sir, we went to work out. I should have told yo—“
Clifton cut Kenneth off “D*** right you should of. You messed up kid”
Kenneth looked apologetic “I promise it won’t happen again”
“It won’t” Clifton gave him the death stare “Bring the work out sessions here. I don’t want her out of the house” Clifton was about to leave, but retraced his steps back “Keep a shirt on for now on. Kiara, it’s time for bed. See you tomorrow Kenneth”.
Kenneth nodded and watched as Clifton ushered me upstairs.

 I clenched my stomach in pain as it ached from a hard day of work outs.
“I don’t know why you have the desire to work out. It’s not like you were meant to be skinny” Clifton scoffed.
I signed in disappointment as his words cut deep. I am so used to believing every single word, it’s almost foreign not too.
“He isn’t putting his hands on you is he?”
I turned around to face what looked like the devil “No”
He looked at me intensely, noticing I wouldn’t budge.
“Goodnight” Clifton slammed the door as he exited.

 I let out a weak smile. Could Clifton be… jealous? I never expected such an abrupt reaction from him. Even so, I hope he doesn’t let Kenneth go any time soon. This past week has given me the most freedom I would have dreamed to have. I really don’t want it to end, even if Kenneth’s work outs are trying to kill me. I laughed softly and shook my head.

I clenched my stomach in pain as the ach wanted to be noticed once again. I turned around quickly as I heard my door pry open.
“Sorry I didn’t mean to startle you. Clifton is in the shower so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity” Kenneth set a plate, occupied by toast, onto my desk.
“For what?” I questioned.
“To bring you food. It didn’t look like Dinner was cooked”
I looked at the plate, almost wanting to cry “Why are you being sweet to me?” I let out a small tear.
“I choose to. My heart tells me you need a friend more than anything right now”

 My ears perked up as I heard the shower stop in the next room.
“That’s my que” Kenneth smiled slightly.
I looked up at him and for some strange reason, I felt that he was different.
I nodded, truly not wanting to be alone in this empty room.

 Once the door shut behind him, I couldn’t help but fall to the floor.



4 comments:

  1. I really love this story!! It's very inspiring and well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll thank you very much (=
    I really do appreciate that
    idk what inspired me to write this,
    but it is different from my regular style.
    I'm glad you enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see this updated! Clifton, I don't feel he is jealous. I bet he is threatened! Kenneth is treating her like a person and hopefully will open her eyes to get away from Clifton!

    Enjoyed it! Hope to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whats up Aeon?!
      how have you been?
      i havent seen any updates on your page
      unless im just blind -__-
      but thanks!
      Im pretty busy so its hard to get
      the chapters out as quick as i would like
      but im still trucking through it ;D

      Delete