Friday, August 17, 2012

BEAUTY: Chapter 4

A friend



The sound of a rough voice shook me awake. I rubbed my eyes lazily realizing how tired I still was. I had no intention in getting up, but I knew it wasn’t my choice. It was never my choice.

 “Kiara, how many time do I have to tell you to get up? Do you know how hard it was for me to get you in bed last night when you fainted? I am not about to get you out of bed either”
My eyes Fluttered opened as they focused on Clifton’s face. I signed, only wishing it wasn’t him.
“Come on, Kenneth is waiting downstairs and I need to leave for work soon” Clifton left the room in a huff. 

As I made my way down stairs, I noticed quite a bit of tension in the room. I had a feeling Clifton wasn’t too keen of Kenneth anymore.
Clifton turned around once he heard my footsteps “Come sit next to Kenneth, we all need to clarify some things”
I made my way to the couch, without a response.

 “I just want to make everything clear so there is no excuses” Clifton began “Kenneth, I don’t want Kiara out of the house. She is to stay here because I say so. Is that understandable?”
Kenneth nodded “It won’t happen again sir”
“Good. I do like the idea of her working out though” Clif wore a small smirk “Maybe I can finally take her out and do things if she gets some weight off of her” Clifton looked at me with the same smile planted on his face.
I felt embarrassed that he was criticizing me in front of a guest. Then again… I should be used to it.

 I broke my eye contact with Clifton, already wanting the conversation to end. I don’t even want to work out anymore, especially if Clifton agrees with it.
My ears perked up as the doorbell rang throughout the small house.
“My girlfriend said she was coming. I hope that is alright?” Kenneth asked in sincerity.
“We’ll lets go welcome her than”
Both of them walked towards the front door to greet the woman I don’t feel comfortable with.
I followed shamelessly.

I noticed the sun hasn’t made its entrance yet and it made me even sleepier.
“Welcome, and you are?” Clifton asked in a welcoming tone I rarely get to hear.
“I am monica, Kenneth’s girlfriend. I am sorry to come so early in the morning”
Monica looked at Clifton in a way that disturbed me.
“It is quit alright. Kenneth usually starts his work this early…” Clifton focused his attention on the unknown figure behind her.
Monica faced Kenneth as annoyance left her lips.

 “This horse needs to go Kenneth. She is eating my whole garden whole and I just can’t take it anymore! She’s out!”
It broke my heart to see Monica yell at a man that is so sweet and loving.
Kenneth was taken aback “Darling, I am sorry. Iv’e been trying to train her as best I can but—“
“No buts Ken. You need to find somewhere for her to stay or I will sell her myself” Monica crossed her arms, standing her ground in confidence.

 Clifton’s smile irked a nerve. Was he happy to see them fighting? I shook my head, ashamed.
“Clifton, do you mind if Beauty stays here for a little while? At least until I find up some answers to this situation” Kenneth asked with hoping eyes. I knew he didn’t want to get rid of that horse that he worked so hard for.
“Sure man. We have enough space for the thing. Kiara here can maintain” Clifton looked at me sternly.
I didn’t show it, but what he didn’t know was that I was actually happy about this.

Maybe for once in my life, I could make a friend… 





3 comments:

  1. Clifton sucks, the reason he wants her to stay in the house because if she meets any decent person she'll realize the fraud he is! Also it'll be good for her that the horse is around!

    Good to see a update as always though!

    By the way, you asked why I haven't updated my blog in a while. That's one of my blogs. It only has the story "Alive" on it. My other has three of my stories it is located here http://aeoniscythe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clifton does suck!
      Im excited about the horse myself (;

      and how do I join that site?
      i cant find where i can at it my follows
      or whatever it is..

      Delete
    2. Yeah! The site looks snazzy I think but unfortunately the join thing is hidden. You have to click the "Sidebar" thing and then you see other blogger features.

      Delete