Thursday, September 20, 2012

BEAUTY: Chapter 5

feeling good






I walked slowly down stairs one morning to find Kenneth sleeping on the couch. Why isn’t he at his house? I stood there, just pondering curiously of what caused this situation to occur. I quickly brushed it off as I remembered what my duties were, to fix Clifton breakfast before he comes downs stairs.

 I couldn’t help but notice how good I felt today. A grin snuck up as I couldn’t believe I had lost almost 20 pounds already. Kenneth was right, my life could change if I really wanted it to… and that is exactly what I am going to strive for.

I just have to figure out how to live a life without Clifton… starting over scares me. Even though this house will always bring unwanted memories, at least I have a roof over my head and food. How will I get all of this on my own?

 “Kiara, you were supposed to have this done already”
Clifton made me jump in surprise.
“Im sorry Clifton—“
He cut me off “Just get it done, I have work soon”
I nodded, focusing my attention on the oven.
“You’re looking good by the way” Clifton pointed out.

 I rolled my eyes in disgust, but deep down I was a little flattered to receive a compliment from him. Like I won a prize I never thought twice about winning.


“Breakfast is ready!” I yelled out so Clifton could hear.
The smell reached my nostrils quickly. I couldn’t wait to stuff my face with food. My stomach growled in agreement.

 I was caught in another surprise as I heard a yawn play out behind me. Kenneth rose from the couch and stretched his stiff muscles. I smiled, happy to see him up.
“Oh I am sorry Kenneth. I didn’t mean to wake you”
He looked over and smiled “That is quite alright” I saw him sniff the air “What is that delicious smell?”
“Waffles” I replied.
“Where is Clifton?”

“I am right here boy” Clifton’s face turned up into a scrunch “And you stink!”
“Sorry sir. I was doing yard work last night at my house before Monica and I got in an argument. This led me to calling you. Thank you by the way, for allowing me to stay the night” Kenneth looked worn out and exhausted.
Clifton nodded as he grabbed a plate of Waffles “You two should come eat before it gets cold”.

As we grabbed our plates, Clifton pointed us to the couch “This is my table and my table only”
I sighed, only hoping he had a change of heart this morning.
We sat and ate in silence and only the sound of the clock on the wall could be heard.
My ears perked up as I heard Beauty neigh outside. I smiled as I was excited to see her, even if she still won’t let me ride her.

 “Alright, I’m leaving for work now. Kiara clean up my dish when you are done”
Clifton spoke out. He scooted out of his chair and made his way up stairs to quickly put on his work clothes.
I always get excited when he leaves. I feel as if my day doesn’t begin until he is out of it.

 “I’ll clean it up” Kenneth rose up when his plate cleared.
“Can we go jogging today?” I asked, thrilled to start the day.
Kenneth started rinsing off the dishes “You can I’m going to stay in today. I just need some rest”
I looked over at him noticing he wasn’t himself. Maybe I should just give him some time alone today.
“Okay, I’ll be back in about an hour or so” I gave my dish to him and hurried up stairs to change into my old workout clothes, which was quickly becoming too big for me.

 Beauty started walked towards me when I stepped outside ready for the morning run.
I tensed up a little as I was a little nervous from this giant animal.

I felt a gust of air brush across my face. She was sniffing me. I didn’t know what this quite meant but all I knew was that I was happy she came up to me on her own.

 Than when her curiosity bored her, she walked away.
I shrugged it off, knowing one day she would become comfortable.

I couldn’t help but feel how bad my legs wanted to stop. I kept pushing myself as I saw a park up ahead. “I’ll stop there” I ran towards my new destination in a consistent pace. Even though my legs still felt like jello as I ran, I knew I was getting a lot better and I had no desire to quit.

 I quickly ran up to the pond and once I reached it I made an abrupt stop. I bent over trying to catch my breath in pain. Once I got it at a steady rhythm I rose up. It was beautiful out today and I couldn’t help but smile with my eyes closed as cool wind blew by peacefully.

“So I take it you love to run”
I jumped in a fright not noticing anyone was around.
I turned around quickly, holding my chest as my heart beat vigorously.
“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to frighten you. I just see you run almost every day and thought I would introduce myself”
The strange man smiled in a polite manner.

 “Hi, my name is Dustin” The man looked friendly.
“Kiara” I said blankly, not knowing how to take this.
He laughed “Chill out, I’m not that scary. I just wanted to make conversation. I noticed you only come out to jog. You don’t go out at all?”
I cleared my throat “No… It’s… complicated”
“Ahh… we’ll nothings that complicated unless you make it to be. How about I take you out next week sometime?” Dustin stared into my eyes waiting for an answer.
Go out? What does that even mean? “Um… okay?”
He smiled sincerely “Great. I’ll come out to this pond next week on Wednesday. I hope to see you Kiara”
I just stood there without a response. He laughed, than turned around and left.

 I stared after him in a daze. Is he really interested in me?










8 comments:

  1. It's good to see that she is losing weight! Clifton is just....for some reason I can't find the proper word to describe him right this moment, but be assured it is a negative one. Just wait until Clifton finds out that Kiara has a date, if he finds out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aeon!
      ahah idk why but I get so excited to hear from ya B)
      and i tried going on one of your blogs a couple weeks
      ago and tell me why I got so confused??.. O.O
      haha i dont know how to get to your latest story mann
      or did I miss a link you told me to go to?
      anywaysss, can you please provide me with one :D
      ahah I'm off on Wednesday and would be a perfect time
      to see whatcha been up to

      and yeah Clifton is a little...
      i can't find the correct word either XD
      but once i noticed she lost her first set of ibs
      i got so excited aha

      Delete
    2. Yeah I think my blog can be a little confusing unfortunately. I would change it but I dunno...

      http://aeoniscythe.blogspot.com/

      When you go there the stories are on top. "Dire Fates/Alive/Larry Stunning/Bloody Fates/A.O.S" and when you click one of those it has a list of the chapters in order. Then to join the site you click on the sidebar on the right.

      Delete
    3. Okay I finally am able to join your site :D
      which one is your favorite
      story you have written?
      I'll start reading that one first
      as I can't really make up my mind at the moment..

      Don't change it!
      aha i'll find my way around,
      but I do like how your page is set up

      Delete
    4. It's hard to say that I have a favorite. Buuuut there are ones I suggest I guess.

      Dire Fates is a prequel to Bloody Fates. It would take a lot of reading to get into and to actually catch up to it. There are no summaries to it. This is a vampire story generally, but the plot I admit can get a little complex! Bloody Fates can get violent and mature though.

      A.O.S (Annals of Simopia) is likely easier to get into. It's a Fantasy story set in medieval times and follows Kings and Queens if you're into that sort of thing. It can get violent but it's not as bad as Bloody Fates.

      Larry Stunning is always fun to create and is definitely the easiest to get into! It's a super-hero story which is more light than others. I guess I'd recommend that one first.

      Either way there is no pressure on you to read any of them just so you know!

      Delete
    5. I want to read them (:
      I know theres no pressure,
      but I want something to read when I am
      on my down time
      I'll leave comments too

      soo read bloody fates before Dire fates right?
      I think I might read AOS first
      along with bloody fates, than work my way up to there

      also,
      do you know how to upload a sim to mediafire?

      Delete
    6. Oh great! You'd read Dire Fates before Bloody Fates. Bloody Fates is part two. I recommend AOS! Although the chapters read 101 that's not because of 100 chapters or anything. It just works like a television series so 000 is the prologue, 101 is the first episode, and goes on from there. Then 201 is the first episode of the second season.

      No I do not. But since I do know how to upload to mediafire I am guessing that you'd copy the simfile from the savedsims folder and upload it to mediafire. I've never done it but I am guessing that is how it would be done.

      Delete
    7. alright im read AOS first than!
      yayy im excited ahah

      Delete